LIVE UPDATES: See the full results of today’s Virginia Democratic primary
Samantha Lee/Business Insider
- Today is Super Tuesday, the day that Virginia and 15 different states and territories will host Democratic birthday party primaries and caucuses.
- Virginia is maintaining its predominant lately, with polls last at 7 p.m. Eastern.
- We’ll have up to date are living vote counts and effects taking place in actual time updating routinely.
- Visit Business Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
Virginia is webhosting one of the crucial 16 Democratic birthday party presidential primaries and caucuses happening on Super Tuesday. Polls in Virginia shut at 7 p.m. Eastern, and we will be able to have are living vote counts and effects taking place in actual time.
Virginia predominant effects:
Catch up on are living protection from the principle:
While you stay up for Virginia effects to return in, head over to our major Super Tuesday submit to observe all of the motion.
LIVE UPDATES: See the overall result of Super Tuesday, with are living vote counts and breaking information
Everything you want to learn about Super Tuesday on March three, the most important day within the Democratic primaries
What’s at stake in the principle?
The Commonwealth of Virginia has an open predominant, with 124 overall allotted delegates. Of the ones delegates, 99 are pledged delegates, elected on the native degree. Those 99 delegates will probably be up for grabs on Super Tuesday, in keeping with the principle’s widespread vote. The 25 closing delegates are tremendous delegates, that means that they’re loose to enhance any candidate all through the Democratic National Convention in July.
Here’s how Democrats will elect their presidential nominee over the following a number of months
Who does the polling say is forward?
According to FiveThirtyEight’s election forecast, Biden has a 56% probability of successful essentially the most votes within the race, whilst Sanders has a 36% probability of doing so.
A February ballot from Monmouth University discovered that Virginia citizens “who are likely to participate in the Democratic primary” are similarly cut up between Sanders and Bloomberg, with every candidate racking up 22% of enhance.
Monmouth University Polling Institute director Patrick Murray described the Virginia predominant as a “jump ball” for the applicants. The February 18 ballot discovered that just a quarter of Virginia Democratic predominant citizens felt “firmly set on their candidate choice.”
A ballot from Christopher Newport University printed on February 28 discovered that 82% of Democratic predominant citizens plan to throw their enhance at the back of whoever the Democrats nominate to problem Trump. Of the remainder 18%, two-thirds stated they “fear the nominee will be ‘too liberal.'”
Kitely known as Kitely Parker, I am a writer and an industrialist by profession. My age is 33 years. My aim is to gather the attention of the targeted audience without being boring and unexciting. I like to utilize the free time in writing my views and thoughts for my book lovers or readers. My most preferred articles are usually about services and business,finance; however, I have written various topics in my articles. I do not have a specific genre. I get very creative when I have to express myself, I often sing, write or draw to portray my feelings. When it comes to my free time or you can say ‘ME-TIME’, I love to play with my cat, sleep an extra hour.